Friday 25 November 2011

Just a Thought..

TGIF!, Happy Thanksgiving, and shopping, if you have decided to go.  Remember to give thanks to God for all the blessing He has given you! This should not be just a one-day-thing but, an everyday thing.  Everything day you should wake up and give thanks to God!!  

So, I spend some time on the internet looking up things for this blog... or sometimes it’s just for fun. I'm going to be honest...things, like clothing, don't catch my attention unless it’s something that is modest and something I will wear.  Same goes for hairstyles, they don't catch my attention unless it’s something I can do to my hair, without cutting it.  Pants, jewellery and indecent clothing do not catch my attention. 
 BUT...
This was not always the case though. There were times where I would just look up random stuff and desire to able to wear the clothing, jewellery, and to cut my hair... So I could also be able to have "nice-hair". (so the world makes you think..)

When you are weak spiritually, it is easy to desire the things of this world in our hearts.  Even though, sometimes we don’t verbally speak them... but in our minds we are wishing to “fit-in”.  This preacher once said “It’s in our human nature to want to fit it, but it’s in our heavenly nature to want to stand out.”  God wants us to stand out... to be the light of this dark world.
 
 (Prayer is key! You should have an established prayer life b/c that is your intimate moment with God.  That is where you get to know God, grow and become strong spiritually.)

 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16 (NKJV)

How will they see your good works if you act, and look just like them (fit-in).... How will God be glorified? 
This caused me to pray, and to ask myself... Why? Why did I always desire these things that I knew were not pleasing to God?  Knowing in my heart that I have been called to be the LIGHT and to represent My JESUS, in all I do.  . Why did I want to dress like the world? Did that make me the light that shined before men?  Why in the world would I ever cut my hair, if everywhere I went ppl would admire it, and ask me about it ...and God was glorified

When you pray and realize what you are called to be, your mentality changes. I realized how dumb it was to want to be like these worldly women, when we have something much greater... and how amazing it is to live a life of holiness for God.  What a privilege it is... to not be like everyone else.  God offers us way much more than the “fashion-world”... that offers us nothing that will make us happy.  

So, While the world is designing and finding their “unique-feature”, and what makes them individually special, God has already told us ours... and what an honor it is, to able to be LIGHT..to glorify our Lord Jesus, in everything we do.  This, my friend, is what makes us special. 

God Bless you,
Have a wonderful, blessed, Holy Spirit filled weekend! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments. May God bless you abundantly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...